The Confirmation Tag can be set to a Boolean Tag to give feedback that the data logging has succeeded. The Tag value will be set to False when one or more records is to be recorded, then when the record has been successfully logged to the database the value of the Tag will be set to True.
Following is a common sequence of operation in the PLC.
1. Set the confirmation bit and trigger bit in the PLC to False.
2. Set the values to be logged.
3. Wait for trigger bit feedback using Target of OPC Route.NET to confirm trigger has been received as False.
4. Set the Trigger bit high.
5. Wait for the confirmation bit to be True or the Error Integer feedback to be non-zero if there is an error.
6. If confirmation receive repeat again starting with step 1.
With the property Confirm With Success Immediately Before Database Write enabled the Confirmation Tag value will be set to True immediately unless the data quality of one or more of the values to be recorded is bad.