View the appropriate sub section for resolving communication problems with OPC Servers.
- Use the OPC Foundation Sample Client to verify the OPC Server is working correctly.
- Use the OPC Data Fix to connect to OPC Servers that do not run as a Windows Service.
- If only one OPC Client at a time can connect to the OPC Server set the OPC Server Identity to interactive user.
- View the DCOM Configuration Guide if the Windows Firewall is blocking DCOM access or the default DCOM security is not setup.
- To connect to Remote OPC Servers install the OPC Systems Service on the same computer as the OPC Servers.
- View the following troubleshooting video view step by step instructions on resolving common OPC Server communication problems.
Contact Open Automation Software at 1-303-679-0898 if you have an OPC Server that you cannot connect to.